Wednesday 30 September 2015

Summer rentrée + upcoming DockerCon Europe 2015


Sorry, it´s being a while since my last post but it has been a terrible time for writing (summer holidays, good weather, "la feria de Málaga", ...).
I have some unfinished topics that I´m working with, and I would like to polish them before writing here, so stay tuned:

  • Spring Boot 1.3.0 + Elastic Search 2.0 together (I´m having problems trying to run them together, beta components are packed with bugs pending to be fixed in the incoming releases).
  • Setting up OAuth2 in my micro-services environment along with the rest of Netflix components (Eureka, Zuul, ...).
  • Exploring on the usage of Spring Data Rest to make it extremely easy to provide your persisted entities a nice REST interface.
  • ...

In the meantime, something new and exciting has come up: Some colleagues and myself will attend the DockerCon Europe 2015 in Barcelona!

The agenda is still open, but I have watched some of the videos of the recent SFO DockerCon 2015 and some of them are pretty interesting, specially when it comes to dealing with services deployed in a Cloud environment that you have to deploy/undeploy, orchestrate and monitor.

I really hope that this event meets my expectations and that I can come back and share with you plenty of interesting features worth learning.

Here you have some interesting resources from Youtube regarding the SFO DockerCon:

Specially interesting, as they are really close to what I´m doing, are these two videos:
Finally, as I am somewhat a novice in this technology, I am following this official tutorial series (given by one of the SFO speakers) which is a really nice place to start learning:

That´s all folks (for now).

No comments:

Post a Comment